The Five Bays Challenge starts and finishes at the picture post card setting of Broadsands Beach. The course will follow the trail uphill to Churston Village and crosses land which made up the old Churston Estate to the edge of Brixham. In Brixham it will pass the fish market and head back along the coast path via Oxen Cove, Fishcombe Beach, Churston Cove, Elberry Cove to the finish at Broadsands Beach.
Five Bays Challenge Organised by Torbay Athletic Club
SUPPORTED BY WBW SOLICITORS AND WINNERS 2000 FITNESS LTD
Your race number must be worn on the front of your vest and be visible at all times during the race. Any attempts to reduce the size or alter the race number will result in disqualification. You will not be permitted to finish without an official number.
Online Closing date 11th September at 4pm
Race limit - 300
Minimum age - 16 years
Before you complete your entry form please read the following teams and conditions carefully.
1. This race: is organised by Torbay AAC and none of our members, staff, sponsors, suppliers or agents will be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise as a consequence of your participation in this challenging off road race.
2. Condition of entry: you agree to abide by these Race Rules and the Rules of Competition as laid down by UK Athletics. Entrants for this event must be aged 15 years or older on race date.
4. Online Closing Date:11th September at 4pm or earlier if race limit is met. Late entries and transfers available on the day.
5. Entry to this race: is personal to each applicant. Once you have paid for your entry there can be no refund if you are subsequently unable to take part. Entries cannot be carried forward A runner who competes unofficially with another person's race number will be disqualified.
6. Transfer:of an entry to another person is permitted before the day or at race HQ on the day
7. Entrants: to this race undertake not to take part unless they are medically fit
8. We reserve the right: to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance.
If the race is cancelled or delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances an email address/mobile number will be useful in this instance.
9. Race numbers: must be pinned securely to the front of your running top using a safety pin in each corner you must not cut, fold or otherwise alter the size of your race number in any way.
10. Contact and medical details: All runners are required to complete the contact and medical details on the back of their race number. This is a requirement of participation and may be checked by race officials prior to the start.
11. Safety - Headphones: In the interests of everyone's safety, please don’t use headphones. Anyone using using headphones during the event will be disqualified.
13. Race marshals: and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete.
14. Runners are required to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal.
15 The course is not suitable for wheelchairs.
16 Confirmation: you will receive a confirmation email when your entry has been accepted.
No refunds or deferrals if you are subsequently unable to take part
18.Race numbers collect from race HQ on the day from 8,00am
19. Data protection: The Torbay Five Bays Challenge complies with the Data Protection act. By entering the run you give permission for free use of your name, voice or picture in any broadcast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
If you would like to get envolved volunteer today!Click Here to contact us